Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

assignments looming

Struggling to keep up with the demands of two subjects and my reading recovery course readings. A little overwhelmed by all these learning curves at my age! Arrived at school this morning to form a Collection Development Policy committee - we perused Oasis to seek out information on collection issues - areas of Oasis none of us have been to before - interesting! Now what to do with the information - make a collection map or graph or table? It was suggested that I do a survey to assess the popular reading areas of my users. The idea of having an independent body to analyse a collection seems very appealing at this stage as learning to access the data is one thing - but then analysing it is another. Wondering when I will find more time as my reading recovery tutor is coming on Thursday and this is another area of my learning that requires immediate attention. Then there is the TL subject - and preparing lessons for my library classes! When it feels like overload I switch off as any appliance would do - to stop from burn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment