Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the life of a library nerd

Need to do more blogging etc but I have been busy juggling assignments, readings and catching up on forums. Blogging is new to me so I am trying to find a blog that feels right to write on. So far - this seems easy enough. I am enjoying reading up on the roles and responsibilities of teacher librarianship and relating all this new material to my new job as teacher librarian. I am also learning about reading recovery so there is much learning, reading, writing and sharing to go on in the next few years. My first assignment for Collection Management was a little awkward as I had not done any academic writing for over 20 years!! Anyway - i know that I made some mistakes in the first presentation and I am hoping to learn from those mistakes. The 2nd assignment for TL was easier in that it was less prescriptive in content and more open in structure. I think that I may have rectified some mistakes done during the first assignment in terms of layout and presentation. However - i am not confident yet in this form of on-line study - but am getting there. I had real problems using endnote - so gave up and went to the old school of manually doing things. Hopefully these hiccups will gradually disappear as I progress during the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment